Official Derby Stars White Paper, last updated August 2022
Derby Stars is a horse racing metaverse game where players can breed, grow, build and trade.
Players can train their horses over a long period of time through the in-game training system, and race against other players using the stats, talents and skills of each horse.
During this process, players can feed the horse with special food to awaken its hidden abilities, and feeding can also level up player’s horses.
If a horse wins the first place in the race, the player can earn lots of rewards, and horses with numerous championship history will serve as excellent stallions in breeding.
Derby Stars is oriented towards Play To Earn.
All players can acquire Governance Token and Utility Token through various activities in the game. Even people who don't own a horse can monetize through in-game Scholarship Programs.
Examples of Play-to-Earn mechanics of Derby Stars include :
- Derby Stars held its first Presale on December 6, 2021, and 10,027 horses were sold three times in total before the game launch.
- Horses sold during pre-sale are uniquely marked ORIGIN because they do not have parents, unlike horses born by crossbreeding.
- Derby Stars utilizes a dual-token economic model and issues $RUN, a Governance Token, and $CRT, a Utility Token, on Polygon blockchain.
- Derby Stars is a full 3D game that is available in PC, and will support Android Mobile in the future.
- Derby Team acknowledges the importance of Scholarship Programs and Guilds within the ecosystem. We would like to grow together with our partners.
Derby Stars' goal is not just a simple AAA horse racing game, but it is also planned to expand to the Metaverse through the use of Land NFTs in the future.
Building a complete ecosystem for all players to enjoy, interact, and benefit together within this universe is Derby Team’s top priority, and the direction of development of Derby Stars will be made through input from the community and the Derby DAO.