The growth of horses through training programs
The Training Mode for Derby Stars will progress as follows :
- The player participates in the program for an in-game time of 3 years, and follows the narrative of the game.
- The first course of the program always starts with a tutorial, and this course can be skipped after the first playthrough.
- At the end of the tutorial, you can choose a goal to focus on as you progress through this training.
⊙ A training goal consists of a base effect, an achievement condition, and an achievement effect.
⊙ The base effect is the buff that the player receives from selecting the goal until the end of the training.
⊙ The achievement condition is a condition value that must be achieved during the training.
⊙ Achievement effect means a bonus effect that can be obtained if the condition is met by the end of the training.
- Players set training goals and select competitions to participate in.
- After selecting a competition, you will have a training period to train your horse before the start of that competition.
⊙ Training duration is proportional to the rating of the upcoming competition.
⊙ The higher the rating of the target competition, the higher the difficulty and reward.
⊙ The length of the entire training scenario is always fixed at 3 years.
Begin training by selecting from the horse's five major stats.
⊙ Horse's condition deteriorates after each training. ⊙ Training may have unfavorable results depending on the condition. Appropriate rest is needed.
- Throughout training programs, selecting a training that has an NPC icon displayed on top will start a Special NPC Event.
⊙ Depending on the event, additional stats may be gained or lost.
⊙ Other effects that are helpful or detrimental to training can be obtained.
⊙ Players are not able to know about the contents of the event beforehand.
- If a horse is not feeling well, resting is recommended. However, it is possible to ignore it and proceed with the training.
- However, if you push yourself too hard when you're out of shape, you may end up injuring yourself.
⊙ When a horse is injured, various Debuffs are applied depending on the type of injury. ⊙ All injuries naturally heal on its own over a certain period of time.
- Players will get one of three results at the end of the training.
⊙ Great : Greatly increases the training effect. ⊙ Success : Occurs in most cases and has a moderate training effect. ⊙ Bad : Low-efficiency training effect occurs.
- Selecting a training that has a mini-game icon will launch a simple mini-game. Completing the mini-game will greatly increase the effectiveness of the training.
⊙ One of several mini-games is randomly selected. ⊙ The types of available mini-games will continue to be added. ⊙ When training during certain seasons, mini-games may become mandatory.
- The training process can be checked by clicking a calendar icon.
⊙ The complete schedule of training mode can be reviewed here. ⊙ Details of trainings conducted by the player can be seen here, by months.
- The PvE Competition begins when all training during the set period has been completed.
- Players must clear the Main Objective of the Competition to continue training for the next season. If they are not cleared, training will end and a low grade will be assigned.
- If players finish a Side-objective, they can get additional bonus points.
- Once Training Program is complete, rewards are given out alongside a final evaluation.
- All objectives must be successfully cleared during the 3 years in virtual time.
- Failure to achieve the goal in the Race will result in disqualification, and the training program will end.
⊙ The final grade of the training is determined by the sum of points earned during the training program. ⊙ The highest grade is S rank, and the lowest grade is F rank. ⊙ With higher ranks, players can receive more Utility Tokens, higher-quality Food, and experience-increasing items.
※ The above image is under development and may differ from the actual production.